Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Forum of the Month: Reddit r/Bourbon


In place of this month's blog of the month, I wanted to recognize a forum of the month: Reddit's r/Bourbon.  The Reddit r/Bourbon site may be the most active whiskey forum on the web right now, with vibrant discussions of everything bourbon, tasting notes and even barrel purchases. Traditionalists may prefer Straightbourbon.com which probably has more veterans in the mix, but there's no denying that Reddit has huge energy and a good mix of novices and more experienced folks. I'm not active on the site, but I'm a regular lurker, and it's a great way to gauge what folks are thinking about in the bourbon world.

Check it out!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks SKU for the shoutout.

Many years ago when I was getting into whiskey I wanted to join a whiskey forum and I spent many months (maybe even a year) researching and lurker which community to join. I landed on reddit because of the laid back nature but also the wide wealth of knowledge, expertise, and nice people on it.

Your blog is one of my favorites and I always read everything you post.
Keep up the good work.

Amity

Anonymous said...

Nice choice on this one, Sku. It's a good group of people in there.

James said...

r/Bourbon is a great site with a lot of good content. However, the demographics are skewed (sku'd?) toward the younger crowd. Was it that long ago that the Malt Advocate site was the premier site for whisk(e)y in general? I wish there were an old man meme to use for this--maybe Uncle Jesse shaking his fist demanding the youngsters get off his farm/lawn?